Dissemination and Implementation Models & Frameworks
Dissemination and implementation (D&I) research grantees are encouraged to incorporate D&I models & frameworks in their study designs. The following resources may be used as a starting point for identifying potential D&I models & frameworks but is not meant to be a comprehensive resource or interpreted as models sponsored, supported or preferred by NIH or NCI.
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR) Model of Knowledge Translation
- Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research (CFIR) (Damschroder)
- Interactive Systems Framework (Wandersman et al)
- A practical, robust implementation and sustainability model (PRISM) for integrating research findings into practice. (Feldstein and Glasgow)
- Preceed-Proceed Model (Green & Kreuter)
- Reach, Effectiveness, Adoption, Implementation, Maintenance (RE-AIM) (Glasgow et al)